Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Pawn Scales disappear after WOW patches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ileon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Pawn Scales disappear after WOW patches. Reply with quote

Version of PAWN:
Version of WoW: (TBC, normal, patch, clients language) WOTLK Version 3.0.9(9551)
MacOS or Windows? - Windows

did you just installed pawn as a new addon, or do you updated it? (yes, no) - No to both
did you reloadUI? (yes, no) - YES
did you restart the game? (exit WoW completely) (yes, no) - Yes

did you check your other addons? (is the bug still existing, if you turn off ALL other addons?) (yes, no) - disabling all but pawn adons brings the scales back.
if no: which addon causes the bug?

did you check the readme? (yes, no) - Yes

ok, now the important part: HOW could the programer of PAWN reproduce your bug? please explain as detailed as you can. step by step.
It would be painful for you to reproduce the problem at this moment. i will go through each addon I use, add them one at a time until I find the culprit. i will then post the conflicting addon here.
on what items did you get the bug?

is there a screenshot? and please post your uesd scales too!

I have had a problem with Pawn after Blizz releases patches. All scales on all characters disappear across 2 accounts. In order for me to get pawn working again I have to delete my server folder located under C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\#AccountName# and rebuild my characters profiles. I then have to import all the scales over again. This is a pain due to the number of characters I have across 2 accounts.

I read the forums, found one post similar to my problem but there was no resolution posted.

Any idea what might be causing this issue?

I will be following up with debug info shortly

Last edited by ileon on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ileon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there addons that are not compatible with pawn? when I open up the debug info for pawn i recieve an error stating that pawn was unable to obtain unenchanted values and that it may be due to a addon conflict.
ileon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Found the conflict Reply with quote

The conflicting addon is RatingBuster version r208. I disabled it and pawn returned to its functioning status. The problem probably exists on ratingbuster's addon and not with Pawn. i will take up the issue with its developer and get back to you on the findings.

At the same time could you attempt to reproduce this issue and confirm my findings?

Thanks
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks; I'll see what I can find out. I updated Pawn to work with RatingBuster in the past, but maybe it's changed and no longer compatible.
ileon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:oops: Its not ratingbuster, its Questguru Version 0.9.8. The problem reappeared this afternoon and so i took the time to disable the addons one at a time. Disabled Questguru and everything worked ok. Just to confirm, I reinstalled Ratingbuster after uninstalling Questguru and everything still works.

Sorry about the confusion. Hopefully the problem wont jump again.
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I'm using QuestGuru, but I haven't updated it in a while. I'll check that one out soon. :)
drider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just coming here to confirm the QuestGuru diagnosis. I've got a good number of addons as well, but my tooltips disappeared after 3.0.8. /console reloadui does bring them back, but only for that session.
Just now I logged in, saw no pawn tooltips. Disabled QuestGuru and logged in - saw the tooltips. Re-enabled QuestGuru and logged in to no tooltips.

Let me know if you need any info such as a full addon list.
Thanks
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the latest versions of QuestGuru and Pawn? I haven't run into this.
ileon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the latest of both. I am installing the latest release of pawn that became available today and will see if the issue still exists.
drider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it helps, but I did another /console reloadui with the new versions of both addons and this time it appears to have worked. The scales work fine now even for a new session.

I tried this after noticing that my warlock was not having any problems with Pawn, but a few other toons were. I had completely removed all addons and did a fresh install of Pawn and QuestGuru, and the problem did seem to be with just those two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: