Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Deep Disc Scale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Priest Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parata

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Deep Disc Scale Reply with quote

Based on Dwarf-Priest's Rankings

( Pawn: v1: "DiscPriest": Intellect=0.84, RedSocket=12.12, CritRating=0.13, MetaSocket=17.64, HasteRating=0.42, BlueSocket=9.92, YellowSocket=13.44, SpellPower=0.6, Spirit=0.4, Mp5=1 )

Assumed gems:

Meta: Insightful Earthsiege Diamond
Yellow: Brilliant Autumn's Glow
Red: Luminous Monarch Topaz
Blue: Seer's Forest Emerald

Here is the article where i got the scale values:
http://dwarfpriest.com/2008/11/07/weighing-priest-healing-stats/
Tydor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been using this scale for a while. But i consider crit a more important stats than haste for a disc priest. What do you think?
Namfuak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a second look at this scale (I've used it for awhile), and I was thinking that maybe we should have two scales, one that favors pieces for mana regeneration, and one for pure healing power. The reason for this is, depending on how you play and your gear level, you may find that to progress you need to get better mana regeneration or harder hitting healing spells. Looking at this scale, it is basing its values off MP5 (as that is valued at 1). Obviously, putting both spellpower and MP5 at 1 would be silly, as they aren't equally important. But if you go with this scale, it seems like it will tend to favor items with better mana regeneration than those with better spellpower and crit. That isn't a bad thing, but for my friend who is a disc priest, he doesn't tend to go below 70% mana in boss fights if there isn't massive raid-wide or tank damage he has to heal through. So, he may want to take pieces with more spellpower and crit.

I'm actually shadow right now, so I don't really know what disc needs. But, for the benefits of disc priests, I figured that that might be worth mentioning.
benic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( Pawn: v1: "DiscPriest": SpellPower=2.63, CritRating=1.5, HasteRating=1.3, Intellect=1.38, Spirit=1.07, Mp5=0.56, MetaSocket=17.64, RedSocket=12.12, YellowSocket=13.44, BlueSocket=9.92)

how about this instead it's based of pre 3.1 gear and your desired stats once geared. i gave crit and haste similar ratings because while leveling they are pretty interchangeable.

ultimately you will want about 35% Crit and 25% Haste. once you hit that skip it and focus on another stat.

also:

Throughput
Red slots: [Runed Scarlet Ruby]
Yellow slots: [Potent Monarch Topaz], [Luminous Monarch Topaz] or [Reckless Monarch Topaz]
Blue slots: [Purified Twilight Opal]

Regen
Red slots: [Runed Scarlet Ruby]
Yellow slots: [Brilliant Autumn's Glow]
Blue slots: [Seer's Forest Emerald]

[Ember Skyflare Diamond] will grant more intellect then the IED if you have more then 1.1k intellect. It is also the prefered metagem for Throughput. It does however usualy provide less regen overal then IED but the fact that it does not require any blue gems in your gear and also grants spellpower makes it the superior choice in most cases.

IED is worth ~30mp5 on average... So for ESD to equal its regen you need to reach, 30/1.3675 = 21.93 Int + 21 Int = 42.93 Int. This requires an unreal amount of Int somewhere around ~1900 unbuffed. Though at 1500 Int you receive more than the minimum mana regen that the IED models to.

info from http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t46027-discipline_priest_raiding_compendium/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Priest Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: