Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Affliction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Warlock Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Affliction Reply with quote

Ok, so the first scale assumes you have Ruin and gives a slightly higher value for spell crit, and the second assumes you don't and gives a slightly lower value (Which is what I am using). Of course, what it doesn't take into account is that all the spell crit scales with your +dmg so make sure you remember that.

Basically enough, I figured that the most important stat for any affliction lock is their spell damage. This mainly assumes that you are raiding and have a nice plate-wearing main tank stood in front of you and don't really need to have insane amounts of hp that would gimp your damage;).
Then comes Shadow damage, which is still very important because you are affliction spec and don't really use fire spells (well, not often).
After that come other stats such as Spell Hit/Crit and then Intellect, finally with spell penetration and spirit which suck but are still worth mentioning for a lock.
Then Health is derived from stamina and mana is derived from intellect, giving a simple score for each.
Now for the sockets, I assumed that you are using green gems and that you aim to get the most spelldmg out of every socket so you are using Runed Blood Garnet, Glowing Shadow Draenite and Potent Flame Spessarite. This means that you can just add the values up. For a meta socket I assumed the gem reward from handing in Spirit Shards that gives 12 spell damage and some run speed. The run speed is ignored as it doesn't really benefit anything all that much.
Also, this scale is fairly useless for PvP as I don't give any values for resilience which doesn't help in raids as you have a nice warrior absorbing crits for you. How nice of them ;).

However, I have noted that affliction is not just for raids and so stamina gets a fairly high weighting. You might want to edit it with some resilience in and maybe a tiny weighting for armor...
For soloing like you want it _will_ require some editing but I think it's good for a starting point.

So there it is, and feel free to butcher it as you please :)
I know i'm not the best, so feel free to reply with any improvements / mistakes / whatever =) and hopefully we will be able to make this scale the one true scale for locks lol

Code:
(Pawn: v1: "Warlock: Ruin": Intellect=0.4, SpellCritRating=0.7, SpellHitRating=0.5, Spirit=0.1, YellowSocket=5.5, MetaSocket=12, Health=0.085, SpellPower=1, ShadowSpellDamage=0.95, RedSocket=7.4, SpellPenetration=0.1, BlueSocket=7.4, Stamina=0.85 )

Code:
(Pawn: v1: "Warlock: No Ruin": Intellect=0.4, SpellCritRating=0.5, SpellHitRating=0.5, Spirit=0.1, YellowSocket=5.5, MetaSocket=12, Health=0.085, SpellPower=1, ShadowSpellDamage=0.95, RedSocket=7.4, SpellPenetration=0.1, BlueSocket=7.4, Stamina=0.85 )
Lilene

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Updated scales Reply with quote

These are based on WotLK info from the Elitist Jerks forums. They're optimized for use with a 56/0/15 spec (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxrbuMAoVi0cstZE00V).

For rotations that include Curse of Agony:
Code:
( Pawn: v1: "Ruin-EJ": Intellect=0.3, HitRating=1.66, CritRating=0.57, SpellPower=1.46, Spirit=0.45, HasteRating=0.87 )

For rotations that use Curse of the Elements instead:
Code:
( Pawn: v1: "CoE-EJ": Intellect=0.29, HitRating=1.72, CritRating=0.58, SpellPower=1.4, Spirit=0.44, HasteRating=0.88 )

Hope someone finds them useful!
prostheus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.1 scale straight out from Elitist Jerks! Based on 53/0/18 spec

And here's the EJ forum link: Simulationcraft on post-3.1 specs
Code:
( Pawn: v1: "Affliction": Intellect=0.23, CritRating=0.8, HasteRating=0.93, SpellPower=1.45, Spirit=0.79 )
Hazwoper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's obvious, but I'll say it anyway: Be careful blindly using these Pawn scales based on Simulationcraft results without considering the details of the simulation and what the goal was.

Those post-3.1 numbers were simulated on a Tier 7 geared warlock (specifically, this gear http://www.chardev.org/?template=147348 ). If you're not wearing Tier 7 gear and you haven't maxed out your hit rating, it's likely that hit rating has a more-than-zero priority for you. Similarly, lower-level gear might value some stamina to fill out your hit points.

Also, Simulationcraft seems to be aimed entirely at PvE raiding environments. These stat priorities (and the talent recommendations in the Simlationcraft sims) don't reflect the differing requirements of PvP.

It's really easy to see these hundreth's-place-precise numbers and just assume they know something you don't, but you have to understand the limitations of these simulations to know if they'll really work for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Warlock Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: