Official Pawn forums Forum Index

I Need DK Tank scale please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Death Knight Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabuscf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: I Need DK Tank scale please Reply with quote

For those who are good at making scales, please create a DK frost tank scale for me. ty
Mithoron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second this...I just found the addon so looking for something to start off by.

Based on looking at the Warrior, other than removing block, it might work; however, leveling would need a mix of the frost DPS one...which has my mind spinning, hehehe...
Shazear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Temp Protection/Tank Frost Numbers. Reply with quote

Numbers taken originally from here:
http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t36303-dps_compendium/

Then I tweaked them for what I saw in-game or what I believed would be important. I expect these to be tweeked some more as we move forward.
Code:

["DK_Prot_Frost"] = {
         ["Color"] = "8a7fff",
         ["UnenchantedColor"] = "675fbf",
         ["Values"] = {
            ["CritRating"] = 1.1894,
            ["Agility"] = 1.5,
            ["ExpertiseRating"] = 1.70,
            ["YellowSocket"] = 4,
            ["ArmorPenetration"] = 0.7628,
            ["RedSocket"] = 4,
            ["DefenseRating"] = 2,
            ["ColorlessSocket"] = 4,
            ["Dps"] = 10.361,
            ["Strength"] = 2.365,
            ["ParryRating"] = 1.5,
            ["HitRating"] = 2.4046,
            ["BlueSocket"] = 4,
            ["DodgeRating"] = 1.5,
            ["Hp5"] = 2.5,
            ["Stamina"] = 1.5,
            ["Armor"] = 0.1,
            ["MetaSocket"] = 4,
            ["Ap"] = 1,
         },
         ["SmartGemSocketing"] = true,
      },
Mithoron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Shazear, at least a place to start!

Looking at your numbers it appears to be placing more emphasis on STR and Hit Rating over Defense, is this true? I'm not a PAWN expert as I just been pointed to the addon so the weight may be a bit more...but definitely giving this a try!

Thanks again!
Shazear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true. The EJ forums was from a DPS perspective only, and given that Strength is a factor for parry as well as DPS which is our threat generation, that's why I kept the STR numbers from the EJ table, and focused straight +DEF as being slightly less. However, I do agree that we as DK tanks do need to keep that DEF cap (490ish at 70, I forget what it is at 80) in mind in our gear choices, so for tanking, we may find that we can start switching out +def gear once we hit that cap.

EDIT:
ok... according to http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/2008/10/paladin-wotlk-getting-uncrittable.html

We're looking for a DEF of 540 which equates to 689 +DEF.
There's also a list of gear to get that DEF score before Raid content.
Mithoron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks! I agree with your number once we hit the defense cap; however, until that time, I changed my own to weigh in Defense slightly more...that way I can focus on getting to that point and when I do, start to worry more about the HIT, Parry, and Dodge factors.

Thanks for the clarification!
vin100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm kinda new to this pawn thing, so when trying to add these numbers to pawn ingame it didnt work as i intended it...

long story short: if you want the above numbers to be imported into ingame pawn copy and paste the below code:

Code:
( Pawn: v1: "dk_tank": CritRating=1.1894, Agility=1.5, HasteRating=1, YellowSocket=4, ArmorPenetration=0.7628, RedSocket=4, ExpertiseRating=1.7, Hp5=2.5, Dps=10.361, Strength=2.365, MetaSocket=4, ParryRating=1.5, DodgeRating=1.5, HitRating=2.4, BlueSocket=4, Stamina=1.5, DefenseRating=2, Armor=0.1, Ap=1 )
Vordak

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: DK Tanking Reply with quote

Based off of what is considered BiS for a tanking DK. most of the "0.01" values are just there so it's not absolute 0 value.

Code:
( Pawn: v1: "DeathKnight: Tank (3.1)": ResilienceRating=0.01, ExpertiseRating=0.35, YellowSocket=12.2, ArmorPenetration=0.01, MainHandDps=0.1, Strength=1.36, MetaSocket=45.2, Hp5=1, Ap=0.4, SpeedBaseline=1.5, CritRating=0.01, IsCloth=-9999, IsWand=-9999, HasteRating=0.1, Armor=0.05, Stamina=1.11, MeleeSpeed=-1, HitRating=0.28, OneHandDps=0.1, RedSocket=5.4, ParryRating=0.36, IsMail=-9999, IsLeather=-9999, DefenseRating=1.02, DodgeRating=1, BlueSocket=20, TwoHandDps=0.1, IsShield=-9999, Agility=0.03 )
buzzed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazear wrote:

We're looking for a DEF of 540 which equates to 689 +DEF.
There's also a list of gear to get that DEF score before Raid content.

It does not come to 689 def rating. You must take into account the SG weapon rune which adds 25 def (not just rating). I am sitting at 542 def and i only have 579 def raiting.

As for the stats to worry about:
Def>Hit>Expert>Stam>Dodge>Parry>Strength>Agil. To be an effective tank for raid settings you must be at least 540 Def, 8% hit (240 rating for dranei, not sure about other races)(duel weild makes this 17%), and 26 Expertise/6.5% reduction of dodge and parry(177 rating is what I have and that shows 26. could be a point or 2 variation depending on spec) This is only the soft cap, the hard cap is like 54 expertise which is just rediculos, but if you have your gear on and are above without enchants and gems it will actually help you, but you should only gem and enchant just to reach the soft cap. Once you have those 3 things capped then worry about the rest of the list. If you can't hit the mobs then u can't build threat. No threat = dead healers and dps.

Most of my info comes from http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t42539-death_knight_faq_read_before_posting/ and what doesn't comes from personal experience and tinkering.

Also when posting gem slot values, you use the scale you have and mouseover the gem you will most likely put in that slot and the value that shows is the value that the gem slot is worth, ie: blue slot = solid sky saphire, 24 stam x 1.5 scale value for stam = 36 gem slot value. Just adding a random number is useless. So if you do not know what the value should be, please do not add a value for gem slots in these scales.
Shazear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Rawr -> Pawn. Reply with quote

Please note. http://Rawr.codeplex.com has an export option to copy and paste the Relative Stat Values into Pawn. You will want to update your pawn numbers for EVERY piece of gear you get so your stat values are VERY accurate.

I am the developer for the Tank DK module, and we're doin' constant work to get the gear evaluations more accurate all the time.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Death Knight Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: