Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Sorry, but I'm very confused.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Druid Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trotskyicepick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Sorry, but I'm very confused. Reply with quote

I'm a level 77 feral cat dps, and have been successfully using Pawn for a while now with (I think) some degree of success. I use the stat weights from wowhead:

Agility : 100
Strength : 38
Attack Power : 37
Mastery : 33
Crit : 32
Haste : 32
Hit : 31
Expertise : 31

Of late, I'm noticing Pawn suggesting some odd items as upgrades, so I thought I'd do some investigating via Wowhead, EJ, SimulationCraft, Rawr etc (the last 2 I find confusing atm). Wowhead also suggests some odd upgrades.

For example, I currently have these legs:
Marshwalker Legguards offering 470 armor, 52 agility and 36 stamina.

Wowhead makes the following (just one of a number of options) recommendation as an upgrade to these:
Dark Iceborne Leggings offering +57 intellect and +57 spirit. I notice that though no agility is added, it looks like none is removed which seems odd.

Now, I don't get that....I would've assumed that those stats would be important to a balance druid, but surely a feral druid should want more melee related stats like agi, str and AP.

I seriously want (as opposed to need) to get used to and understand stat weights for each of my toons (feral druid is the one I play most atm), as I really want to start raiding.

Thanks

edit: sorry, just noticed that when looking for an item upgrade wowhead is only offering me the option to look for feral (tank) upgrades....my toon is feral (dps).
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I follow. What's Pawn doing that you're unsure about? Is it showing that same pair of caster pants as an upgrade to the feral pants? If so, it's probably because it's saying they're a big upgrade for balance and resto. If all four of the druid scales (bear, kitty, resto, balance) are visible, then it will also suggest upgrades for all scales independently. If you don't ever want to see upgrades for anything besides your kitty gear, you can turn off the other three scales. Open up the Pawn UI, and then shift-cilck the scales you don't want to hide them. (Or, left-click them and then uncheck the "show in tooltips" box at the bottom of the list.)
trotskyicepick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, I currently use scales for cat, bear and balance and have gear sets accordingly.

I think from what you are suggesting I should just enable the relevant scale for the spec I'm playing at any one time, and disable the others.

Thanks for replying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Druid Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: