Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Two-hander vs Main+Offhand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parata

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Two-hander vs Main+Offhand Reply with quote

I wonder if you can add a value to the tooltip with the sum of a mainhand+offhand if you got that equipped compared to a two-handed weapon?
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being able to use the Compare feature with two one-handed items on one side and a two-hander on the other is definitely something I'd like to happen. Adding comparison values to tooltips in that case is a little bit farther down the road since currently Pawn doesn't do comparisons versus currently equipped or best-in-slot items, but I'd like to do that too.
Nicholas_Bostaph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add my voice to say how absolutely awesome this feature would be. I've been using Pawn for most of my (admittedly short) WoW existence, and I can't think of any other change or improvement that would be nearly as revolutionary to my game experience. Sure, I can just sum the values of my main and off hand item and compare that, but the true excitement of getting a new piece of equipment is in knowing exactly what stats change and by how much. Right now I miss out on that, and it saps away all the fun of picking up a better piece of gear that's a different format than what I'm using.
xmdmetzgerx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea. While it is possible to add the two scores of the Main and Off Hand, then compare that number to the 2H weapon, I wonder if this is a true comparison of the items.

Even if the feature wasn't added to the tooltip, but as a comparison tab at the bottom of the UI, I think that having Pawn actually comparing the the 2H with the two 1H items is essential to making a quality informed decision on which is an upgrade.

In addition to just comparing the items, the bonus that is given to specific races/classes/specs for wielding a specific type of weapon (i.e. 2h weapon bonus to Retribution Paladin) would be a wonderful addition to Pawn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: