Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Haste Rating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Hunter Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zereaper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Haste Rating Reply with quote

Does anyone have a pawn value for Haste Rating yet? Been Trying to figure one out to add to my current scales but Im not entirely sure how much it truly helps DPS as a Hunter. Any input would be appreciated. Also being a beastmastery hunter I already have an incredibly low attack speed anyway at 1.9 with the Wolfslayers sniper rifle. So Im assuming that for me it would have a lower value than for say a MM hunter. Any way just let me know if anyone has any input, Im currently using the Lern2Hunter scales from the forums.
Reaper
include

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moved your thread to the hunter-baord.
sorry, i dont know anything about hunter and hast. i hope, someone else could help you!
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any specific guidance for hunters, but Blizzard values haste rating exactly like all of the primary stats except stamina, and all of the other combat ratings. All of those are worth one point in itemization. So, a good starting point is probably the average of what you use for agility, intellect, crit rating, and hit rating. If your gear is not that great right now, you probably want to value haste a little lower, and if you already have excellent gear, you probably want to value haste a little higher. I think that's the current thinking: haste is better once you already have good gear.
Kaimon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haste can be very good for a hunter or very bad ... it depends on style rotation, weapon speed and personal internet lag. There is no valid rule for everybody.
There is a long discussion on the complicated interaction of styles, speed and lag on every good hunterforum - try to read it if you want to get thoroughly depressed.
Put very very short (I invented the numbers, just to show the direction): If you have near zero lag, you would top dps with the Consortium Blaster (1,5 Speed) - if you have 500 ms lag, you would never top any damagemeter with any weapon. If your lag is around 100 or 200 ms Wolfslayer would be optimal without haste. In this case the value of haste is zero!
If you have sufficient haste on your gear, you could probably use one of the slower weapons (and thus dish out more damage). But even in this case the hunters on the forums (those actively raiding the endgame instances) recommend to skip haste rating and change shot rotation instead.
Because the perfect fit of shot rotation and weapon speed is so important for hunter damage there is no way to give haste rating any generell value. You have to calculate your personal circumstances.
In your case the value of haste could very well be below zero - which means, it should be avoided.
(Btw: Is there a way to incorporate negative values in Pawn scales?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Hunter Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: