Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Pure Cat-DPS (dps only)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Druid Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Pure Cat-DPS (dps only) Reply with quote

This scale is for pure DPS only, it does not take caster stats into consideration at all, so if you want a set that gives DPS as well as good caster stats, you'll need to convert this. This scale does not give any points at all to neither stamina nor yellow sockets. This is pure DPS.

Code:
(Pawn: v1: "pure Cat-DPS": Strength=2.4, Agility=2.39, Ap=1, FeralAp=1, CritRating=1.57, HitRating=1.37, FeralRating=0.89, RedSocket=10, BlueSocket=5)
include

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another scale: (merged two threads together)
i dont know why... but there is a HUGE difference between the two stats. you have to choose for yourself, which one's better to you.

Cat dps scale based on Lolaans's stat values on his spreadsheet here

As Lolaans doesn't value the sockets themselves but the stats I will leave socket values out as trying to tack on a value when his are precisely calculated to the thousandth of a decimal would just screw it up. Lolaans also gives values to +Haste rating and +weapon damage, though not supported in Pawn. Consider these scales a rough estimate, for gear that's really hard to choose between use his spreadsheet.

Broken down into raid buffed and not raid buffed:

edit: removed! see updated values below

Last edited by include on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Paininabox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the original poster of the second scale. As you may or may not have noticed, both scales are based on AP. The first scale base value is 1 AP=1 point, the second is 1 AP= 0.5 points. So the values in the second scale are roughly half that of the first, and not really all *that* radical.

Just posting to:

1. Update the scale because Lolaans updated his spreadsheet.

2. Add in haste rating as it now has Pawn support.

Code:
(Pawn: v1: "Cat DPS Buffed": Strength=1.418, Agility=1.515, Ap=0.5, FeralAp=0.5, CritRating=0.996, HitRating=0.822, FeralRating=0.492, HasteRating=1.705.)

Code:
(Pawn: v1: "Cat DPS Unbuffed": Strength=1.236, Agility=1.302, Ap=0.5, FeralAp=0.5, CritRating=0.905, HitRating=0.740, FeralRating=0.445, HasteRating=1.485)

These scales assume a full feral build with all viable dps talents. These values obviously change when you're resto, for example.
include

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx 4 updates.
Scarrz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how will this be affected by the new patch for druids?
the less str bonus on heart of the wild to the %10 to ap?
Mylron

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a new scale for patch 2.3?

I'm kinda new to this.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Mylron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a feature in PAWN that takes into account the gem stats rather than the socket type?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
include

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course. there are two modis:

- socket is empty. the item gets point by the socket type.
- socked is filled up. the item gets points by the gem-stats.
Paininabox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another update:

Lolaan doesn't appear to be as active working on his spreadsheet, so I'll be using Ankh's spreadsheet stat equivalence values. For basic use, users can simply use these generic scales:

Code:
(Pawn: v1: "Cat DPS unbuffed": Strength=1.8, Agility=2.41, Ap=1, FeralAp=1, CritRating=1.55, HitRating=1.48, FeralRating=0.492, HasteRating=1.22, ExpertiseRating=1.46, ArmorPenetration=0.22, RedSocket=19.28, BlueSocket=9.64, YellowSocket=13.4, MetaSocket=28.92 .)

Code:
(Pawn: v1: "Cat DPS Buffed": Strength=1.8, Agility=3.16, Ap=1, FeralAp=1, CritRating=1.72, HitRating=1.69, FeralRating=0.492, HasteRating=1.705, ExpertiseRating=1.67, ArmorPenetration=0.26, RedSocket=25.28, BlueSocket=12.64, YellowSocket=14.08, MetaSocket=27.92 .)

For advanced users, I would recommend inputting all your data into the spreadsheet and calculating the stat values for yourself. These generic values change drastically depending on whether you are hit capped, etc. If you want the ability to make fine line distinctions between gear, then that is what you'll probably want to do. Be sure to update your personal stat values for every upgrade you recieve.

Reminder: I didn't factor gem slot values in again, keep this in mind when looking at fresh, unsocketed drops.

EDIT:

Added in socket values assuming:
Red: Delicate Living Ruby
Blue: Shifting Nightseye
Yellow: Inscribed Noble Topaz
Meta: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond

These gems, According to Emmerald, increase dps by the greatest amount. These choices might not be a perfect fit for your gear set because stat values shift depending on the balance you have between stats. These are just the generic choice.

You'll also notice that Emmerald lists stat values as well. Although he is very respected in the community for the accuracy of his data, the values are static and again might not be best for you. That's why I prefer to leave you the option of a spreadsheet to make a custom fit. Ankh did a good job making his spreadsheet user friendly, and I encourage you to use it.

A Cat dps scale is also given as an example in the pawn download using Emmerald's data, which is probably more accurate if you plan to not use the spreadsheet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Druid Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: