Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Mana Regeneration (MP5) for Spirit and Intellect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Priest Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Mana Regeneration (MP5) for Spirit and Intellect Reply with quote

Hello:

I find the following formula from Wowwiki:

Code:
MP5 = 5 * (0.001 + sqrt(Int) * Spirit * Base_Regen)

Base_Regen for Level 70 = 0.009327

I am trying to figure out how to code this into Pawn, I think I can estimate this with the following Pawn code:

Code:
( Pawn: v1: "MP5": Spirit=0.046635, Mp5=1 )

This makes the following assumption:

Assign Int = 1, and therefore the {0.001 + sqrt(Int)} is essentially = 1

What I would like to know though, is how I could further tweak this to also include the contribution from Int. I could do something similar to above with Spirit = 1; but the question I have is "How can I code a square root" into Pawn?

Oh, and of course, this is in reference to mana regen outside the FSR.

Thanks!
Nihlo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if I got you right...
The formula you use describes how you got the mana-reg you see when you open you charmenu (while casting). That's not really the job of pawn,pawn is usefull to give your own values to stats. I think you're looking for sth like RatingBuster...
Kjian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihlo wrote:
I think you're looking for sth like RatingBuster...

Oh, thanks! That's great.

I was using Pawn to do ratings, but also to do these sorts of stat calculations. Looks like this can save me from re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks!
Mornetta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the new mana regen formula and Pawn is that as Int goes up, Spirit gives more regen per point, i.e. at 250 int 1 point of spirit will give .75 MP/5; at 470 Int 1 point of Spirit gives 1 MP/5. I don't know of any way to do a single scale that can adjust like that. You would have to do several scales for different levels of Int, as that will give Spirit different weights.

For a priest, if you have more than 470 Int you need to stack spirit and get rid of mp/5. Spirit will not only increase your mana regen but also your +healing.
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that Pawn doesn't support sliding values like that, and it's partly because I don't think that there's a way to do it that will make everyone happy, and partly because it would make things super-complicated. What I do is simply reevaluate the values for a few of the stats in my healing scale each time I significantly upgrade my gear or a patch changes the mechanics of my class. Though it may seem like more work, I think that's actually easier than trying to come up with a perfect model that takes everything into account, and then updating that model every time a patch changes the way things work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Priest Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: