Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Set bonuses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vordak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Set bonuses Reply with quote

It'd be awesome if Pawn could account for set bonuses (with and without the bonus *active*)
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always something that's possible for a future version, but it's not something I'm actively looking into right now. Almost every set bonus would have to be assigned a unique value per-player and per-scale, since only a very few set bonuses are flat stat bonuses (like +35 resilience rating, versus +5 yards to a spell). And then how does Pawn make it clear that the right item is actually a downgrade from the left item because the right item would break a set bonus worth more than the extra stats? What about when you get a second non-set item? Is it worth it then? It becomes really complicated really quickly, and hard to please everyone.

Thanks for the suggestion! In the future maybe I'll reconsider, but right now, I'd like to focus on other things.
Vordak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true...

Well wasn't there a way we could manually add things in?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: