Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Prot Tank Scales Please Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Warrior Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seizn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Prot Tank Scales Please Help! Reply with quote

Guys,
Firstly I love this program it's awesome. I'm having a hard time making 2 very important scales for my pride and joy, my prot tank.

When raiding it's easy to see what gear will push my health to it's max. But with all the discussion is there anyone who has scales for prot tanking? or even scales for Dps for prot tanks as sometimes I'm dpsn.

Thanks for all the help! Keep up the Good work

70 Prot War Pryd - Silvermoon
Mornetta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally run two scales for my warrior, one for Tanking and one for DPSing (modified for Orc Racial):

( Pawn: v1: "Tank": ArcaneResist=0.2, FrostResist=0.5, ResilienceRating=1.73, Agility=0.5, Armor=0.5, Spirit=0.05, BlockValue=1.7, BlockRating=2.7, RedSocket=15, DefenseRating=2.5, MetaSocket=25, DodgeRating=2.7, Stamina=3.6, Strength=0.5, ParryRating=2.7, BlueSocket=15, Health=0.26, AllResist=1, Hp5=0.1, FireResist=0.5, NatureResist=0.2, YellowSocket=15, ShadowResist=0.2 )

( Pawn: v1: "DPS": CritRating=1, Dps=1, Ap=2, Agility=1, HasteRating=0.01, YellowSocket=15, ArmorPenetration=0.5, RedSocket=15, MetaSocket=30, HitRating=2, BlueSocket=15, AxeRating=0.1, Strength=3, IsAxe=0.5, 2HAxeRating=0.5 )
Icy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok theres several things i notices about your scale that dont add up. I just spent an hour calculation the stats and mine is just a little bit off due to my lack of knowledge about the base parameters of pawn, but nonetheless heres what i noticed: First thing i noticed was DodgeRating=2.7 andParryRating=2.7 , these are not equal stats as people assume. 1 dodge rating adds ~ .05269% dodge chance, parry rating stands at ~ .0425%. so dodge>parry.

Next I noticed Agility=0.5, Armor=0.5 which doesnt make since because 1 agi adds 2 armor and ~.038% dodge so it should be at least double the armor value

As for the resistance ratings, im not sure that they are necessary as high lvl gear has all of one or no resistance at all.

Res: Res has very little effect once you are uncritable so it should be no where near as valuable as agi or armor and you have it worth over 3 times as much. 1 Res reduces the chance to be crit and the dmg from crits and the dmg from DoT abilities by ~.21% (done strictly by memory so may not be exact)

I'm trying to work the bugs out of mine atm but once I get it fixed I'll post it, right now it currently bugs with sockets and im not sure if its reading the socket bonus or not. Anyway hopefully I can post it soon or someone who has it fixed can, thanks.
Icy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok got it Figured out after reading several posts:

( Pawn: v1: "Tank": BlockRating=0.6333, RedSocket=2.4, MetaSocket=6.5773, Strength=0.3, ParryRating=0.425, DefenseRating=0.5066, Agility=0.38, Health=0.085, BlueSocket=12, Armor=0.045, DodgeRating=0.5269, YellowSocket=4.0528, Stamina=1 )

all these stats are very carefully calculated and the socket values are based on the value of blue quality gems for single stats (e.g. Blue socket=12 stam, yellow socket= 8 defense rating, etc.) If theres anything I missed ot any questions about why certain values are what they are, let me know =)
Haggisdog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Mods for 1H? Reply with quote

I just came across this mod and used the example just provided (it actually just figured out that you can simply paste the line snipped into the export window of Pawn itself!). This is a great mod and I'm really looking forward to using it.

If you're a tank shouldn't you give a higher priority to a 1H weapon?

Also, I noticed my ranged weapons (like a gun) get very low scale values (1.8) with this scale. Is that by design?
Shazear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Mods for 1H? Reply with quote

Haggisdog wrote:
Also, I noticed my ranged weapons (like a gun) get very low scale values (1.8) with this scale. Is that by design?

Yes, items that don't aid much in your tanking stats will be ranked lower than items that help alot. So for example, using Icy's Tank scores above:

Comparing
Nerubian Conquerer http://thottbot.com/i39419
with
Nesingwary 4000 http://thottbot.com/i44504

Nerubian:
31 Agi (11.78)
30 Sta (30)
21 Crit (0)
64 AP (0)
== 41.78 score

Nesingwary:
1 Yellow (4.0528)
21 Crit (0)
78 AP (0)
== 4.0528 score

I just picked these guns at random, but as you can see, they will be of pretty drastically different benefits to yourself as a tank. (Or any role you chose depending on the numbers you put in to the Pawn tables)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Warrior Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: