Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Gem socket bonus logic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sancho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Gem socket bonus logic Reply with quote

It would be helpful if Pawn could use some simple logic to help more accurately calculate values for items with socket bonuses, similar to lootzor.

All that pawn would need to do is add all socket values along with the socket bonus value (like it currently does) and compare it to (# of sockets * the most valuable gem). The greater value could then be added to the rest of the stat points and displayed.

For example, if I have an item that has 2 blue sockets and 1 yellow socket with a socket bonus of +10 AP and my socket values are as follows:

( Pawn: v1: "AEP": RedSocket=17.6, BlueSocket=8.8, YellowSocket=16.8, HasteRating=1.48, Ap=1 )

With the socket bonus, I would only get 44.4 for a value. However, using my most valuable gem, red, I would get 52.8 without the socket bonus, which would be preferred.

Obviously, this wouldn't apply for metagems.

Sorry if this has been suggested before but it would be really useful to me.
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion! I'd like to do more with sockets in the future. Right now, there are a couple complications with doing this in-game, but I definitely agree that it would make things more accurate, and it's a change that I do hope to make someday.
Reboshua

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there - I wonder if there is anything in the works on this feature? I agree it would make the mod pretty much perfect in evaluation of gear. If it can't be done in game, can someone point to a scale outside of the game that says "add 11.5 in Pawn value for this gem on this piece" etc.

Anything like that exist?

Thanks!
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news -- Pawn has this feature now. By default, it will automatically assume you will use the wrong colors of gems and ignore the socket bonus, if that maximizes the value of the item. If you upgrade to the latest version, you'll get this feature automatically. (Actually, it probably already exists in the version you have unless you haven't updated in months.)

You can turn it off if you don't like it on a per-scale basis. Find the scale for which you want to turn this feature off, choose one of the three colored gem stats from the list, and you'll see a new option appear that lets you turn the feature on or off.
Huitzilopoctli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know what gems it chose if possible
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This information is available if you turn on the "debug info" option, which spews a ton of info to the chat window to browse through. I can't easily do this right now because Pawn could choose different gems for different scales. In the future, I'd like to have Pawn enhance the socketing UI, which could be done in a per-scale way.
Parata

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it is possible that gemming happened more or less automatic given a scale?

What I mean is if I enter weights for some base stats then it would automatically pick the optimal gems from the item-cache and it would also decide whether it was worth breaking the socket-bonus.

Ofcourse if such feature was implemented there should be some means to get it to print which gems it had selected.

That would be my dream feature :D

edit:

Make the tooltip like this:

ScaleName: 331.8 (1xRed, 2xBlue)

Much easier to see what is selected rather than all that chat-spam I just got by turning on Debug :)
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to do something sort of similar to that. Rather than clutter up the item tooltip, I'll probably add Pawn suggestions to the socketing window, and yes, for non-meta gems, ideally Pawn should be able to pick values for you given a certain "tier" of gem, like "blue-quality level 80 gems." Just how far along I get with those features will depend somewhat on how long it takes me to level to 80 and finish questing in Northrend. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: