Official Pawn forums Forum Index

DAEP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Rogue Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaim Sandar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: DAEP Reply with quote

I am so confused by the spreadsheets. I don't know enough about all of this to assemble my own Pawn scales... way too much data! and I really don't want to spend time to become a fanatic expert on this stuff. Maybe fanatic isn't the right word, but I hope it is understood where I am coming from.

So far I have been tediously comparing items from rewards and drops by swapping back and forth for equipped items, examining the affected stats and such on my character sheet. I determine which has the best resulting overall advantage for me with the least negative impact. Since I discovered AddOns such as Pawn, I am hoping to alleviate some of that tedium and effort, if that is possible, using such a tool.

I play casually a Combat Rogue specializing in daggers on a Normal realm. I want DPS, but would like defense and stamina to count for some. From what I have read, I should use DAEP information for my gear. Am I right?

I was hoping someone has made DAEP Pawn scales, good for WotLK, that I could benefit from. I haven't found any such so far; only AEP (PvP) and MAEP (raid) scales. Can someone point me the way?

Thank you.
Jaim Sandar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: No reply Reply with quote

Maybe someone would be able to tell me what I could change on, say, MAEP scales to add the needed parameters, please?
Druidcaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea about spreadsheets either, I can only recommend what I am doing. Get a real life friend who does know what they are doing to help you out.

Sorry but thats the best answer I can give :(
ellanon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are combat, daggers are a very poor choice for dps. I dps is all you are after, then choose swords/fists/maces.

Daggers are the realm of the Subtletly(Ambush) rogue, and the Assassinate(Mutilate).

Anyhow, the Shadowpanther website has scales built just for you!

Code:
( Pawn: v1: "SP MAEP MH": Armor=0.001, Strength=0.55, Agility=1.1, Stamina=0.01, HitRating=0.9, CritRating=0.9, Ap=0.5, ExpertiseRating=1.1, HasteRating=0.9, ArmorPenetration=0.6, ResilienceRating=0.001, DefenseRating=0.002, DodgeRating=0.001, ParryRating=0.001, BlueSocket=18, RedSocket=18, YellowSocket=18, MetaSocket=50, AllResist=0.001, ArcaneResist=0.001, FireResist=0.001, FrostResist=0.001, NatureResist=0.001, ShadowResist=0.001, Health=0.001, IsBow=1, IsCrossbow=1, IsGun=1, IsThrown=1, MeleeDps=3, MeleeMinDamage=0.875, MeleeMaxDamage=0.875 )

Code:
( Pawn: v1: "SP MAEP OH": Armor=0.001, Strength=0.55, Agility=1.1, Stamina=0.01, HitRating=0.9, CritRating=0.9, Ap=0.5, ExpertiseRating=1.1, HasteRating=0.9, ArmorPenetration=0.6, ResilienceRating=0.001, DefenseRating=0.002, DodgeRating=0.001, ParryRating=0.001, BlueSocket=18, RedSocket=18, YellowSocket=18, MetaSocket=50, AllResist=0.001, ArcaneResist=0.001, FireResist=0.001, FrostResist=0.001, NatureResist=0.001, ShadowResist=0.001, Health=0.001, IsBow=1, IsCrossbow=1, IsGun=1, IsThrown=1, MeleeDps=2, MeleeSpeed=-80, SpeedBaseline=2.9 )

Basically, when you are looking at weapons, you will pay attention to MH (Main hand) and OH (Off Hand). All other equipment should be based off of these scales as well, since the only difference between the two is weapon related. Basically, for a chest piece, the numbers should be the same. I hope this helps.

In regards to the spreadsheets, I assume you are talking about the Shadowpanther sheets, yes? If so, the AEP and MAEP are relative values they have placed on items. AEP is for PvP situations and takes Stamina into account (with is also useful while leveling, especially on a PvP server). MAEP is for pure dps, raid situations. I linked copied the Raid scales for you, above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Rogue Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: