Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Shadow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Priest Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Shadow Reply with quote

after redoing the calculations at my gear level, I got the following scale

Code:
(Pawn: v1: "Shadow":Stamina=0.3, Intellect=1.86, Spirit=0.48, SpellHitRating=2.5, SpellCritRating=.12, Health=0.015, Mana=0.03, Mp5=3.46, SpellPenetration=0.4, SpellPower=1.26, ShadowSpellDamage=1.26, Armor=0.015, AllResist=0.6, FireResist=0.2, ArcaneResist=0.2, FrostResist=0.2, NatureResist=0.2, ShadowResist=0.2)
Shmoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll start out by saying that I don't have the first clue the sort of math I need to be doing in order to give stats their proper weights in these scales.

That being said, I don't agree with the weight being given to spirit in comparison to Int in this particular scale. If you are shadow specced, you better have Spirit Tap as one of you talents (and maxed out at that). I am running with a shadow priest right now and with the excessive spirit gear I have equipped right now, my down time between enemies is nearly zero because my mana and health regen so damn quickly when Spirit Tap procs.

If I were to try and change the weight of these two stats myself, I would suggest lowering INT to 1.17 and raising SPI to 1.17 as well, keeping the combined total of these numbers the same as before (1.86 + 0.48 = 2.34) and (1.17 + 1.17 = 2.34).

That's just my two cents, and like I said, I have no idea whether or not the math I did is proper for scaling, but I'd love to hear some feedback.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Shadet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stats at level 80 i'm currently using are as follows

When not hit capped
Code:
( Pawn: v1: "Shadow Priest": Intellect=0.19, RedSocket=19, CritRating=0.61, ShadowSpellDamage=1, MetaSocket=36.51, HitRating=1.12, HasteRating=0.56, BlueSocket=10.68, YellowSocket=13.91, SpellPower=1, Spirit=0.21, ColorlessSocket=19 )

When Hit Capped
Code:
( Pawn: v1: "Shadow Priest - Hit Capped": Intellect=0.19, RedSocket=19, CritRating=0.61, ShadowSpellDamage=1, MetaSocket=36.51, ColorlessSocket=19, HasteRating=0.56, BlueSocket=10.68, YellowSocket=13.91, SpellPower=1, Spirit=0.21 )

Hope this helps :)
Namfuak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to set it to have a max value for a stat, like hit? So, maybe say that hit is worth 1.2 before it reaches the cap of 240, or whatever the priest one is (can't remember right now).

That would be useful
Mornetta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people just run two separate scales, one while hit capped and one not. It's just the limitations of the addon.

Why no stat for MP5 in Shadow? I know that it's not critical, but it is an important stat, especially in 10-man raids early on.

Comparing it to Spirit, 1 mp5 = 1.204 Spirit @ 900 Int. This would give MP5 a value of about .25 (1.204 * .21).
Amorelia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of Spirit, Int, MP5, etc. the stats in the scales are for max DPS only. They offer no value for mana pool, mana regen or health.

In time, I believe the "good" gear, i.e. epic purples dropped in raids, gives us these other stats without having to really be concerned about them. But I find that the greens that give good DPS are weak for the other stats. Ok for levelling, but need replacing fairly quickly when either raiding or doing PVP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Priest Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: