Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Basic Mage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Mage Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rykolyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Basic Mage Reply with quote

Does anyone have a basic scale for Mages? Some mages have approached me for assistance, but I don't share their spec, or they either change often, or aren't settled on spec. It would be nice to refer them a basic scale to cross the board for them, This would also be useful for "balanced" mages, (Casual gamers) or offspecs that just want a basic decent mage.

The problem though, is there's a good amount of debate over what is important for mages, So I would probably suggest a few scales for PvE, PvP and Raiding/Dungeons (PvE basically meaning Solo) Obviously PvE requires some STA, as opposed to PvP which requires more, and Resilience and Raids needing arguably less than the others.

This would also provide a nice "base" the different builds could build their own scale to spec with, since I've noticed Fire mages differ among themselves almost as much as a fire vs frost spec would be.
include

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahmmmm....
no.

its not possible to "base" the values to any mage. it really, really depends on your specc. and if you want to make PvP or not. these situations are completely different and need totally different stats.

but if you just interested in "base damage", use this pattern:

Code:
( Pawn: v1: "Base-DAM": Intellect=0.1395, SpellHitRating=0.8445, FireSpellDamage=0.9045, YellowSocket=4.9875, MetaSocket=11.865, SpellPenetration=0.075, SpellHasteRating=0.873, SpellPower=0.9045, SpellCritRating=0.6975, ArcaneSpellDamage=0.9045, FrostSpellDamage=0.9045, RedSocket=6.021, BlueSocket=4.418 )
Rykolyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably wasn't too clear, but maybe your scale there will help. But I mean a basic scale that any mage could start from.

As in no favoritism to Arcane/Fire/Frost, for PvE, or PvP, (Meaning one scale for PvE and a different one for PvP, obviously, since the two differ,)

But I'll see what your scale brings.

The reason why I ask, is that most raid builds have a bit of a similiar scale, (Not specifically, I mean generally.) A basic need for things such as INT SpellDamage, and etc. But a 50/0/11 is going to differ greatly from 10/48/3 but if there was something that would be a base for mages to build from, it might be easier then trying to modify pre existing "Fire" scales, or such.

That way once a mage gets up to the mid levels, and starts picking a build, they can customize it to increase the amounts for the verious things they need. Or is that much of a need for a foundation?

(Thank you very much for the feedback and help, Include, I really appreciate it. :) )
include

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe something like this?

Code:
( Pawn: v1: "Base?": Intellect=0.38, ArcaneResist=0.1, Mana=0.02, SpellHitRating=0.8445, Spirit=0.05, FireSpellDamage=0.987, YellowSocket=4.875, MetaSocket=11.865, Health=0.02, Hp5=0.02, NatureResist=0.1, Mp5=0.825, SpellPenetration=0.075, SpellHasteRating=0.7425, SpellPower=1.0395, SpellCritRating=0.65, ArcaneSpellDamage=0.987, AllResist=0.25, FireResist=0.15, ShadowResist=0.15, FrostResist=0.1, FrostSpellDamage=0.987, RedSocket=6.61725, BlueSocket=4.958, Stamina=0.2, Resilience=1 )

if you have NO idea how to equip your mage, DO NOT USE such "base scales". they wont help you.
if the item gets a higher value than the other items, it is not necessarly better for you. it just gets a higher value, thats it.

steam, ice, snow and liquid water could all be described as "H2O".
but the precision is not really good, and if you read "H2O", you still do not know, how to move it (fan, pike, shovel or pump)
its the same to the "base" scale above.

if you go even MORE base than the scales above, you may end up with the "itemlevel". its a value calculated by blizzard, looking at ALL stat of the items. (including strength, parry etc)
so an item with itemlevel 150 is meant to be "better" than the itemlevel 140.

the first item got a high amount of stamina and resilience, no hit and a few int. the second item has much more int, a bit of hit, no resilience and phaaaat spelldam.
so if you want to do PvE, the item with 140points is maybe MUCH better.

do you see, what i try to say?
(sry, i barely cant remember most of my english-lessons i had years ago...)
Rykolyn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh definitely, But I'm assuming most people who are looking at this will know that an item with +5 INT, is gonna be better than a item with +50 STR, as far as mages go.

ut yes, this is a bare bones scale that should be, (Emphasis on should) customized to the mage as they work with it, and decide the route to go. That way specific builds, (Especially off spec) can build a scale to their tase, but yeah, by no means should any scale be used "as-is"

Thank you so much!

( By the way, if english isn't your first language, you sure had me fooled. :) I'm fairly certain I understood you. :D )

I'm taking this IG, and i'll twink it a little too if I need to, and come back with a few, Hopefully everyone who reads through this thread understands that these scales are meant to be modified to a particular mage, ( and do so. ) Thank you again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Mage Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: