Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Score Calculation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogre

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Score Calculation Reply with quote

I have no idea if this is a bog or (more likely) a lack of understanding on my part. I recently installed Pawn (v1.01) for the first time. (WoW version 2.41) In the process of bumping the Pawn scale result against the scores in Loot Rank, I encountered the following situation. This is for the item "Helm of the Stalwart Defender." Everything seems to work just fine and the most numbers correlate nicely with Loot Rant, but in this case they're off. The Loot Rank score is 1627.4, and the numbers printed out in the debug information below add up (manually) to 1627.4, but the calculated and displayed value by Pawn is 1651.

(Unenchanted)
23 DefenseRating x 8 each = 184
1366 Armor x 0.6 each = 819.6
47 Stamina x 7.8 each = 366.6
ResilienceRating has no value.
-- Socket bonus would be worth:
1 RedSocket x 76.8 each = 76.8
1YellowSocket x 78.8 each = 78.8
1 BlueSocket x 93.6 each = 93.6
4 Strength x 2 each = 8
--But it's better to use on Blue Gems:
3 Blue x 93.6 each = 280.8
----Total: 1651

I first thought it might be using the "3 blue" option (not even sure why that's offered since it's not possible to do in-game), but if I substitute the 3-Blue score for the sockets, the total is 1659. Could it be that it's using the 3-Blue score, and then discarding the 4 Strength socket bonus? That would add up to 1651, but doesn't make much sense.

Hopefully, someone can explain what's going on here. Thanks in advance.
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your "doesn't make sense" interpretation was indeed correct. :) Since the value of three blue gems was higher than the value of one red socket, one yellow socket, one blue socket, and 4 strength, then Pawn assumed you'd socket the item with three blue gems to maximize its value. You can turn that feature (using different gems than the expected ones) off for an individual scale if you want—to do so, select the red, yellow, or blue stat from the list, and then the option will appear below the box where you type a stat value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: