Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Enchants values

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vordak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Enchants values Reply with quote

Question: ho do you know which enchant to put on an item? Would +5 sta be better than +5 agi? Or +5 int better than +5 spirit?

Current Answer: open up your scale and compare it there.. for every single case... blah

Future answer: open your enchant window and each enchant has it's own pawn tooltip value there... yay!
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there are definitely things I can do in the future to improve the experience for checking gems and enchantments for items. I'm holding off on doing some of that work until after Wrath hits, or at least gets closer to release, since it will change the way that things work somewhat. But it's definitely on the radar.
Vordak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been trying to figure out how to activate this addon to work in the craft window for my enchanting!

I did figure out how to make this work for enchanting FORMULAS on AH and whatnot, by adding lines like this:

{"^Use: Teaches you how to [Pp]ermanently enchant a [Tt]wo%-[Hh]anded [Ww]eapon so it grants %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},
{"^Use: Teaches you how to [Pp]ermanently enchant a [Ww]eapon to regularly blast its target with fire%.$", "Dps", 4, PawnMultipleStatsFixed},

But still no luck in the enchanting window!

When I add the following lines, the tooltip at least will say "(*) Pawn did not assign value" at the end, with the (*) on the reagents line, but no scales.

{"^Permanently enchant a melee weapon to often strike for 40 additional fire damage%.$", "Dps", 4, PawnMultipleStatsFixed},

surely I am missing something easy, no?
Vordak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm super new to addon coding, is there a way to use a wildcard for the strings? So like instead of checking for a dozen variations of:

{"^[Pp]ermanently enchant a [Tt]wo-[Hh]anded [Ww]eapon so it grants %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},
{"^[Pp]ermanently enchant a [Tt]wo-[Hh]anded [Mm]elee [Ww]eapon to grant %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},
{"^[Pp]ermanently enchant a [Mm]elee [Ww]eapon to grant %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},
"^[Pp]ermanently enchant bracers to grant %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},
etc, etc, etc....

you could just say:

{"^[Pp]ermanently enchant ??? %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},

in order to cover all variations at once? I'd make my coding alot simpler if this is possible...
Vordak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha I fail

I forgot to turn on "calculate enchanted values"

Other question still applies however!
Vordak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vordak wrote:
Also, I'm super new to addon coding, is there a way to use a wildcard for the strings? So like instead of checking for a dozen variations of:

{"^[Pp]ermanently enchant a [Tt]wo-[Hh]anded [Ww]eapon so it grants %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},
{"^[Pp]ermanently enchant a [Tt]wo-[Hh]anded [Mm]elee [Ww]eapon to grant %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},
{"^[Pp]ermanently enchant a [Mm]elee [Ww]eapon to grant %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},
"^[Pp]ermanently enchant bracers to grant %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},
etc, etc, etc....

you could just say:

{"^[Pp]ermanently enchant ??? %+(%d+) [Ii]ntellect%.$", "Intellect"},

in order to cover all variations at once? I'd make my coding alot simpler if this is possible...

Ok I figured this one out myself. example:

{".*[Ee]nchant.* [Ss]trength.* (%d+)%..*$", "Strength"},
{".*[Ee]nchant.* %+(%d+) [Mm]ana [EePp].* 5 [Ss]ec.*$", "Mp5"},
etc....

Anyways, I added all <lvl325 enchants to pawn, and it works inside craft window now yay! hint: have to comment out the line towards the beginning of localization.lua:

"Formula:"

So my next dilemma.....

when someone links an enchant in the trade chat, or whatever, and i click on it, pawn does not apply scales to the tooltip that pops up, even though it's the identical tooltip that the craft window shows! So how in the world is this, and how do I fix it???
Vordak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, I added Run Speed, Damage Absorption, Snare Resistance, and Threat to the scales :)
Vordak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

figured it out, yay!

in pawn.lua, replace:

if PawnGetHyperlinkType(ItemLink) ~= "item" then return end

with:

if PawnGetHyperlinkType(ItemLink) ~= "item" and PawnGetHyperlinkType(ItemLink) ~= "enchant" then return end

both times it appears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: