Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Calculation issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellanon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Calculation issues Reply with quote

I am using Shadowpanther's AEP scores for my rogue and I have an issue with any item that I socket gems into.

Once I have the gems socketed, the Pawn score goes *down*. For instance, if the rating for an item was "50.2", after socketing, Pawn would show "45.5 (50.2)" Is there something in the addon, or in Shadowpanther's ratings code that is screwing it up?

By the way, I love the addon and for every other instance, it works PERFECTLY. Thank you!
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're using crappier gems than Shadowpanther's AEP scale expects you to. When you socket a gem into an item, the points for the socket are removed, and the points for the stat on the gem are added. If you socketed exactly the gem that the scale "intended" you to add, the value stays exactly the same. If the new gem is better, the item value goes up a little. If the new gem is worse, the item value goes down.

For example, if the scale were set up assuming that you would be using level 80 blue-quality gems, but you decided to socket one of your leftover level 70 badge epic gems since you were getting rid of that gear in a few weeks anyway, the value would go down. Unsocketed items are valued at their "potential" so it's easier to compare them with items that don't have sockets at all, because an item with 100 stamina and two red sockets is clearly better than an item with 95 stamina and no sockets.

If you really don't like this behavior, you can remove all of the socket stats from your scales, but I don't recommend that.
ellanon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I was not aware of that. Thank you! Since it is likely that I will be using cheap gems, how do I go about compensating for that?
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick your favorite cheapo gem, and look at it in Pawn to see how many points it's worth. Then, change your scale so that a socket of that color (or colors, if it's green/purple/orange) is worth that many points.

For example, if in your scale Stamina is worth 1.5 points, and your favorite crappy blue gem is Solid Chalcedony (+18), then assign a value of 27 (18 * 1.5) to the blue socket stat on the Scales tab. Then do the same for red and yellow. Even if blue (or red, or whatever) gems are way better than the other colors, Pawn is smart enough to notice that, and in situations where it is better to use the "wrong" colors, it will assume that you would have done that and adjust scores accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: