Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Scale tag formatting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Binkenstein

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Scale tag formatting Reply with quote

Currently, pawn scales use the following format:
Code:
( Pawn: v1: "Elemental": Intellect=0.141, RedSocket=20.41, CritRating=0.51, ColorlessSocket=21.88, MetaSocket=75, HasteRating=0.822, BlueSocket=9.67, YellowSocket=16.24, SpellPower=1.074 )

The problem is that I'm trying to create a concatenate command in Excel to generate the scale based on my spreadsheet, for copying back into Pawn. This command uses commas to go from one text value to another, which means that it is impossible to do it with the current Pawn scale code.

Is it possible to change it to semi-colon, or even a full colon, to allow something like this to happen?

You can find a copy of my spreadsheet at the following link (already have Wowhead urls generated using this method).
http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t37849-elemental_seic_v3/
per

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK I know what you wanna do :)..

so here's a suggestion:

(OBS: it's a few years since I had to mess around with EXCEL on this level, my memory might be faulty)

Create a macro that pulls together the data, using something else than the "," for separator (Actually you should be able to use ",")
    Store in a variable
    Use the Replace function on variable
    Copy the variable to the clipboard (there is a specific function for this, but I threw away all my EXCEL/VBA books when I quit the job I needed them for, there was much rejoicing)
    Paste the data into pawn :)
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found in your spreadsheet where you generate Wowhead URLs, and I don't know why the use of a comma would prove a problem. Assuming that cells B1:B3 have values for the three sockets, the following two Excel functions generate Pawn scales:

Code:
=CONCATENATE("(Pawn: v1: ""Bink's Elemental"": RedSocket=", B1, ", YellowSocket=", B2, ", BlueSocket=", B3, ")")

Code:
="(Pawn: v1: ""Bink's Elemental"": RedSocket=" & B1 & ", YellowSocket=" & B2 & ", BlueSocket=" & B3 & ")"

The scale generated is:

Code:
(Pawn: v1: "Bink's Elemental": RedSocket=12, YellowSocket=20, BlueSocket=16)

As long as the commas are inside of quotation marks, CONCATENATE() should work just fine. Or, if you're just concatenating a bunch of stuff and not ranges of cells, the ampersand operator will work too.
Binkenstein

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Obviously I should try to think things through a bit more, but I'm going to blame the holidays on that :rolleyes:
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Thanks for your contributions to the shaman community. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: