Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Value for armor slot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Value for armor slot Reply with quote

As a blacksmith I can socket bracers and gloves. It would be nice if you could add the ability to value what slot a piece goes in.
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about that, but I don't think it would actually add anything. You use Pawn values when you want to decide between different pieces of gear, but you're never going to decide between bracers and a hat. If you assigned bracers and gloves +10,000 points it still wouldn't matter because you'll only be comparing bracers and gloves with other bracers and gloves respectively, and they'll all have +10,000 points because you'd socket each and every upgrade you get anyway. Does that make sense?
Samsy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh but my guild is using it to do some of out loot decisions where the player provides the pawn values for themselves and the percentage change and some players get bonuses from things like their sockets.

On an individual level I agree its useless but when trying to compare to another player using the same base numbers for the main attributes it can definitely help.

it could also help players add values as far what enchantments they may add on a certain slot. Like knowing I would put 50 AP and 20 crit on a helmet could help me accurately make a decision on how much of an upgrade something will be for myself.
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I see what you're saying. That is an interesting use of Pawn.

In this system, wouldn't it be beneficial for players to still assign a zero value to those socketable armor types? Assigning a value of 0 would ensure that the % increase from one item of that type to the next would be maximized. For example, a 20-point upgrade from 200 to 220 bracers where the value of a socket is 10:

No sockets: 200 -> 220 = +10.00%
w/ sockets: 210 -> 230 = +9.52%

Assuming the loot goes to the person with the highest percentage change, the player who didn't assign a value to gloves and bracers would get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: