Official Pawn forums Forum Index

% change in total value in tooltip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: % change in total value in tooltip Reply with quote

To throw another wrench into the works is a % change to total value possible next to the pawn value in the tool tip? basically taking the pawn value off all your currently equipped gear subtracting the piece that is in the slot that the new piece will occupy, adding the new piece and then dividing by the original full value.

(A-B+C)/A=percent change

A= Value of all gear currently wearing
B= Value of the current piece of gear equipped in the relevant slot
C= Value of the piece of gear being moused over.

This would help you value on upgrade vs another. Which item to buy on the AH or which piece of gear you should shoot for next. Could end up being a very major feature. As far as items that can be in two slots just make it only reference the first slot and let people swap or show both percentages.

Im assuming the hardest part of it would be having it grab the value from the equiped item. everything else is using variables that you already have set up.
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The complicated parts here are less getting the value of the currently equipped item (I can do this easily), and more dealing with rings, trinkets, and one-handed weapons (anything there can be two of equipped), and much moreso, dealing with the fact that assuming most people who are that hardcore about loot have many sets of gear, and may be wearing an offspec item or a special-purpose item (like one with a lot of mana regen for a mana-intensive fight). To do this well, Pawn needs to keep track of your best-in-slot items for each spec.

Anyway, it's on my list; I'd really like to do more with item comparisons, including % increases. Right now I'm working on an update to make gems easier, and after that I want to work on an update to make Pawn better for n00bs who don't know anything about items, and after that I'll probably get to more item compare features. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: