Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Ignore enchants?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> General Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pw1972

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Ignore enchants? Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been covered, i did a quick search on enchants and didn't find this info.

It looks like pawn is calculating the value of an item with the enchants on it. Is there a way to ignore those enchants? When I compare 2 items, I'd like to know what they are without enchants on them so I can get a baseline compare. My equipped items have enchants on them, and items dropping, are unenchanted so the equipped item is showing as a much higher value and I can't quickly tell which item is better.
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure; you should generally always compare items without their enchantments. (Really the only time you should pay attention to the current enchantments on an item is if you're considering replacing an item immediately as soon as it drops, before you even have a chance to visit a bank.) Pawn will show two numbers on your items per scale: an enchanted (current) value, and an unenchanted (base) value. That's why enchanted items look like this:

Pawn value: 245.6 (219.0)

The first one is the enchanted/current value, and the second one is the unenchanted/base value. On the Compare tab, you only ever see the unenchanted versions. If you're only seeing one value on items, it's possible that you've accidentally turned one of the values off—see the two "calculate" checkboxes on Pawn's Options tab.
pw1972

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> General Information All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: