Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Pawn Scales based on Tier 6 Values

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Paladin Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narune

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Pawn Scales based on Tier 6 Values Reply with quote

Ok, I don't know if this will give good scales or not (I could be way out in the darkness on this one), so I'm posting them here to get your input. The idea behind the creation of these scales was that Pre-WotLK we were using Tier 6 as the goal for gear. This being the case it stands to reason that the values on the T6 sets would reflect a good starting point for a scale. What I have done is taken the totals for the stats on T6 and divided each of them by 100. I then plugged these values in as pawn stats. For hit rating I used 1.42 (since the normal hit cap is 142 (although for some classes/specs Hit Rating is included in the set stats) for gems I used 10+(the number of gems of that colour in the set usually giving 11-18 with an average of 13) and 18 for a meta (which seems to be standard in many scales.

The only stat that I added to these (Pally) scales was Agility. I did so by adding the Strength and Crit values together and divided by 100 (since Agility gives AP equivalent to strength, but Crit as well)

I realize that some of the decisions I may have made could seem arbitrary, but the idea was to create a standard to work from that could be applied to any class and get a working scale. (I have a warrior, pally, and Shaman all at 70 and was hoping to find a foundation to build scales for all of them, and easily create ones for other classes as well) Please let me know what you think of these.

Code:
( Pawn: v1: "Retribution": Armor=0.01, Agility=6.47, Strength=4.05, Stamina=2.91, Ap=2, HitRating=1.42, CritRating=2.42, HasteRating=0.73, Mp5=.09, Dps=1, RedSocket=14, YellowSocket=16, BlueSocket=11, MetaSocket=18)

( Pawn: v1: "Protection": Armor=0.01, Agility=3.06, Strength=3.06, Stamina=4.7, BlockRating=.58, BlockValue=.79, DefenseRating=2.18, DodgeRating=1.92, ParryRating=0.3, HitRating=1.42, Dps=1, RedSocket=13, YellowSocket=15, BlueSocket=13, MetaSocket=18)

( Pawn: v1: "Holy": Armor=0.01, Stamina=2.51, Intellect=2.54, CritRating=1.78, HasteRating=0.41, Mp5=.73, Dps=1, SpellPower=4.17, RedSocket=12, YellowSocket=14, BlueSocket=15, MetaSocket=18)
vexis58

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pawn Scales based on Tier 6 Values Reply with quote

Narune wrote:
The only stat that I added to these (Pally) scales was Agility. I did so by adding the Strength and Crit values together and divided by 100 (since Agility gives AP equivalent to strength, but Crit as well)

But Agility doesn't give AP for Paladins at all, let alone giving as much as strength. The value for Agility should be solely based on the amount of crit it gives.

You need 45.91 Crit Rating for 1% crit.
You need 52.08 Agility for 1% crit.

I'm not so good at math, but I'd assume Agility to be of slightly less value than Crit Rating.
festin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make Agility 2.15 ( recalculating crit based on what vexis wrote and adding armor value ).
But now how it is different between retri and prot ? Also while being melee dps I understand value of armor for retri why it is the same for protection. And why to take into acount this and stamina for holys ? We should know if this is PvE stats only or PvP.

I understand you have made arbitrary decisions. But tell wehere and we can try to correct or find something maybe more appropriate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Paladin Scales All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: