Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Phantom value being added?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moros

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Phantom value being added? Reply with quote

I notice sometimes that items return a total value that is inexplicably greater than it should be. Any idea what could be causing this?

Here is a basic example: on my pally alt, I have a scale, created from scratch, with only the following values:
Str: 232, Hit 175, Crit 94, Haste 67, Mastery 99, Exp 134.

I'm comparing two plate chests - Raz's Breastplate (161 str, 319 stam, 212 dodge, and 108 exp) and Rough Stone Carapace (178 str, 267 stam, 125 crit, and 107 haste). Pawn says that Raz's Breastplate is better, which at a glance is obviously wrong, as the Rough Stone Carapace has far better stats.

Doing the math manually, the first item should have a value of 51,824, but Pawn shows a value of 66,524. The second item should have a value of 60,215, but Pawn shows a value of 64,751.

Similarly (and maybe a simpler example), an old-school Libram I have in my bank, the Furious Gladiator's Libram of Justice, should return a value equal only to one socket, as it's a healing item and all the stats on the item itself have values of 0 (Stam, Int, Spirit, Res). However, even though the highest gem value is red at 9,280, the Libram shows a value of 11,030.

Any ideas?
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet to figure out what's happening is to turn on the "show debug info" option (or "/pawn debug on") for a second and then hover over the item that's giving you a weird value. That'll show you a complete breakdown of what Pawn's doing as it reads off the stats and calculates values. (You should turn the debug info off soon afterward, or it'll drive you crazy...)

My guess is that it's because those items can be reforged into something better. For example, your Furious libram has spirit, which could be reforged into your best secondary stat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: