Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Is this forum still active?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> General Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trotskyicepick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Is this forum still active? Reply with quote

Can't seem to find any scales that will definitely work in Cata, much posting seems to have stopped around 2009 so just wondered if this was still the place to go for PAWN scales.

Cheers
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was never TOO active. :) I think I sort of killed it when I included the Wowhead stat weights. Those are still mostly accurate, though they don't reflect 4.2 class changes, so they overvalue Agility for plate tanks.

A lot of people get their stat values from Elitist Jerks threads or Rawr. I'm looking into including stat weights from askmrrobot.com in a future version so people will have a choice. That site's got every class and spec and is more focused on optimization than Wowhead so I think they'll be more useful in the long run. I'm trying out the values myself on all my characters. There are no pre-made Pawn scales but it's just a few numbers so hopefully you won't mind a LITTLE bit of typing. :)
trotskyicepick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding Vger, I don't mind a bit of typing at all ;P I just find myself confused with all the various sites quoting all sorts of numbers.

What made me look though was PAWN was showing weapons as being upgrades for a feral cat when the new item had decreased agility and increased spell power, that just doesn't (to my mind) seem right. (That's using the default stat weights from WowHead that pawn installs with.

Going to look round EJ and try also to make sense of both Rawr and SimulationCraft.

So far I've not really tried to understand these complexities, but after a year of playing WoW I want to start raiding and PvP'ing, so it seems to make sense to put some effort into getting the right gear.

PAWN should be an invaluable addon once I've got an understanding of stat weights etc.

Thanks
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the issue with weapon upgrades, see my reply to your other thread in the druid forum. It might also be a 1H versus 2H issue. Can you include an example of the weapon you're using and a weapon that it says is an upgrade that you don't think should be?

Also, slightly related: I just released Pawn 1.5.12, which has a fresh new set of scales from Wowhead for patch 4.2, so if you're using the Wowhead scales, you'll want to be sure to upgrade, no manual typing necessary. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> General Information All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: