Official Pawn forums Forum Index

Suggestion for Trinket effects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parata

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Suggestion for Trinket effects Reply with quote

I have a suggestion for trinket "Use" effects which are not currently supported:

1. Some trinkets can be averaged. Like a trinket with the text "Use: Increase spellpower by 200 for 15 secs (2 Min Cooldown)." All information needed to find the average effect is inside the tooltip.

2. Some effect are harder to change to scale-values. I suggest a way to override any "unknown" effects by pawn by your own values. Such average trinket values can often be found on Elitist Jerks or read in comments on Wowhead.
Vger
Pawn Mod Creator

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not anytime soon. It's true that you could come up with a reasonable approximation for on-use cooldown trinkets, but all other trinket effects would require a big-ass list of all of the trinkets in the game and some sort of stat equivalence, which would be an amazing amount of work and a pain to keep updated, not to mention that some effects (especially for healers) have different equivalences based on which class or spec you play.

If I didn't go to all that work, and decided to just support the on-use trinkets, those trinkets would appear significantly better than others even though they're really not, which would be confusing, so I don't think that's worth the effort either. Moreso than any other item, trinkets are something that the truly hardcore should really be simulating. I'd actually consider just removing Pawn values from trinkets since I don't think they'll ever be terribly accurate.
Rickerneon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a result, the dominant principle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Official Pawn forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: